- 2 egg whites
- 115g (4 oz) icing sugar
- 115g (4 oz) ground almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 115g (4 oz) dessicated coconut
Prep:20min › Cook:25min › Ready in:45min
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees C (Gas 2). Grease two baking trays.
- Use an electric beater to whisk the egg whites until stiff but moist. Sift in the icing sugar and gently fold into the egg whites. Gently fold in the almonds, vanilla extract and dessicated coconut until the mixture is combined, forming a sticky dough.
- Spoon walnut-sized pieces of the mixture onto the baking trays.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the macaroons are crisp and golden on the outside.
- Transfer to a cooling rack.